About this Webinar
Around the world, calls for cage-free production are rising from advocacy groups as well as egg distributors. This webinar looks at a number of factors for operations to consider, from evaluating long-term trends and return on investment in updating housing, to ensuring animal health, welfare and productivity when moving to cage-free environments.
Part 1: Industry Insights on Cage-Free Production
- • About changing consumer perceptions and the need for cage-free production
- • How big production changes can impact industry economics
- • About recent industry achievements and success stories
Part 2: Animal Welfare Considerations for Cage-Free Production
- • What welfare benefits to expect after implementing cage-free production
- • Negative implications which might occur after a production system change and how to manage
- • About the operational advantages of organic production
Watch the Previews
Meet the Speakers
Andrew Joret, Chairman, British Egg Industry Council (BEIC)
Mr. Joret has worked in the egg industry for 40 years. He is a technical consultant to Noble Foods Ltd, where he also served as Group Technical Director. Mr. Joret is a Fellow of the Royal Agricultural Society (F.R.Ag.S).
Dr. Déborah Temple, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
Dr. Temple is a veterinarian and research scientist studying behaviour and welfare of farm animals, with a focus on working with farmers and other stakeholders to develop practical, welfare-friendly and sustainable methods of keeping farm animals.
Let’s Talk Biosecurity: Using Biosecurity as an Investment Strategy
Presented By: Eduardo de Souza Pinto President of Operations, Hy-Line International
Let’s Talk Branding: How to Use Egg Safety as a Competitive Differentiator
Presented By: Mark Williams, CEO and Secretary, British Egg Industry Council (BEIC)